Mjukvaruingenjör för satellitinstrument (dnr: 2.2.1-180/18) Ansök senast: 30 maj
We are looking for an
Instrument Software Engineer
The Space Plasma Physics research programme at the Swedish Institute of Space Physics in Uppsala invites applications for a full-time position as a scientific instrument software engineer. The work includes development of flight and ground support software for the Radio & Plasma Waves Investigation (RPWI) on the ESA JUpiter Icy moons Explorer (JUICE) mission to Jupiter.
• B. Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar.
• Knowledge of real time programming in C for embedded systems and microcontrollers.
• Knowledge of programming support software (for science instrument test setup), TCL, CnC protocol, MIB database, Python, combined with good Linux skills.
• Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS), RTEMS or similar.
• Knowledge of threaded programming, tasks, mutexes, semaphores, etc.
• Knowledge about how to construct simple structures, such as double buffers, queues, circular buffers, etc.
• Good mathematical skills and the ability to implement scientific algorithms in C, in floating point as well as in fixed point arithmetic.
• Knowledge of digital signal processing, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), correlation, filtering (IIR, FIR, and CIC), mixing, etc.
• Knowledge in MATLAB and Python for verification of scientific algorithms.
• Basic knowledge of computer architectures, cache, pipelines, interrupts, DMA, FPU, etc.
• Knowledge of SpaceWire, simple data protocols, VHDL, serial links and the LEON processor are desirable.
In addition, it is necessary to have good communication and coordination (management) skills, as the work includes integration of instrument DPU software from several international instrument software teams. Knowledge in writing software documentation is also necessary. The work is conducted mostly in English.
The position is placed at the Uppsala office of the Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF), located at the Ångström Laboratory. We envisage that the position will commence in October 2018.
Closing date for applications is 30 May 2018.
For further information please contact:
Jan-Erik Wahlund, e-mail: Jan-Erik.Wahlund@irfu.se, tel. +46-18-471 5946
Reine Gill, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +46-18-471 5936
Trade union representative:
Thomas Leyser, SACO-S, e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +46-18-471 5941
The applications must include a CV and a short letter (one page) stating relevant experience. Copies of academic transcripts and contact information to references are desirable.
Applications should be sent, preferably by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to:
Swedish Institute of Space Physics,
SE-981 28 Kiruna,
Reference number: Dnr 2.2.1-180/18
If your application is sent by e-mail you should get a confirmation that we have received it. If you do not get the confirmation within three days, please contact the registrar: tel. +46 980-790 00.
Last Application Date: 2018-05-30