Product assurance engineer (Dnr 2.2.1-181/19)
Swedish Institute of Space Physics in Uppsala are are looking for a
Product assurance engineer
We are looking for a product assurance manager specializing in scientific instruments to IRF´s office in Uppsala (with about 35 scientists and engineers). The position is available for a total of one year. You will work in a successful research group that builds a scientific instrument for the European Space Agency (ESA) JUpiter ICy moons Explorer (JUICE) project. The instrument is the Radio & Plasma Wave Investigation (RPWI).
Your main areas of responsibility as a JUICE PA Manager are:
- Main point of contact for PAQA issues with ESA, and link to the unit PA managers.
- Responsibility for non-conformance reporting (NCRs) and leading/ attending reviews for the consortia, and for issues related to the units manufactured by IRFU.
- Test witnessing of flight space hardware, and raising necessary Requests for Waiver and NCRs.
- Attendance at Mandatory / Key Inspection Points as needed.
- EEE parts procurement and liaison with the Coordinated Parts Procurement Agent (CPPA), including in the case that screening / qualification tests fail.
- Materials, Mechanical Parts and Process control – managing and reviewing data in the ESA Declared Materials and Processes Tool and Requests for Approval, overseeing and providing project management support for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) verification activities, providing project management support for the SMT verification activity at RUAG, Sweden.
- Oversee cleanliness and contamination control for the consortia, and responsible for the IRFU clean rooms.
- Documentation management: Putting together data packs, checking documents, maintaining document system (i.e. Dropbox), uploading documents to Eclipse.
Other IRF-U tasks:
- Administration for a Cobalt-60 radiation source.
- Responsibility for lab equipment, particularly for equipment used in the clean rooms.
You will be coordinating the above tasks and be an active member of our small engineering team. As such, it is necessary to have excellent communication and management skills, as the work typically includes interactions with several international instrument teams. The work is conducted mostly in English.
The RPWI team work includes development of flight and ground support hardware and software for our instrument on the ESA JUICE mission to Jupiter. The project has just delivered the engineering models, and RPWI needs deliver the flight model in summer-2020.
The RPWI team is an international consortium consisting of providers and sub-contractors in Sweden, France, Czech Republic, Poland, Japan, Austria, Germany, and UK.
The candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Masters level engineering degree (or Bachelors with relevant experience);
- Experience in the product & quality assurance role within the space industry (ideally with experience of working on ESA projects);
- Ability to work confidently in English;
- Experience of working with, and managing requirements, including their verification. This ideally shall include planning of the verification activities, coordinating their implementation, reviewing results, and management of the Verification Control Database (in the case of JUICE/RPWI, using OpenProject);
- Experience of participating in (and leading where applicable) technical reviews, such as Manufacturing or Test Readiness Reviews, and Delivery Review Boards;
- Experience in the preparation of technical documentation and delivery of data-packs.
The position is placed at the Uppsala office of the Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF), located at the Ångström Laboratory. The position is available for one year. The contract shall begin as soon as possible and no later than June 2019.
The contract shall begin as soon as possible and no later than June 2019.
Closing date for applications is June 3, 2019.
The applications must include a CV and a short letter (one page) stating relevant experience and motivation, copies of academic transcripts and contact information for two professional references.
Applications should be sent, preferably by email, to: email@example.com, or by post to:
Swedish Institute of Space Physics, Registrar,
Box 812, SE-981 28 Kiruna, Sweden
Reference number: Dnr 2.2.1-181/19.
If your application is sent by e-mail you should get a confirmation that we have received it. If you do not get the confirmation within three days, please contact the registrar: tel. +46 980-790 00.
Last Application Date: 2019-06-03