This page lists vacancies at the Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF).
IRF has offices in Kiruna (head office), Umeå, Uppsala, and Lund.
Welcome to apply for a job with us!
PhD student in Space Physics (Ref. 2.2.1-226/23)
The closing date for applications is June 20, 2023.
Union representatives at IRF in Kiruna
Uwe Raffalski (SACO), uwe.raffalski@irf,se, +46 980 790 21
Stefan Karlsson (ST), firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 980 790 29
Union representatives at IRF in Uppsala
Thomas Leyser (SACO), Thomas.email@example.com, +46 18 471 5941
Become a PhD student with us
If there are no advertised doctoral positions, you can submit an application for an unspecified position.
Eligibility and requirements:
- 4-year university education in physics (or a related subject such as meteorology or geophysics), engineering physics or electronics.
- Good knowledge of English.
Please note that there is no special form for applying for a doctoral position at IRF. However, your application should contain:
- Personal letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of diploma and grades.
- List of publications.
- Other relevant certificates and documents, such as previous employment.
- Name and contact information for 1-2 referees.
The application should be sent to the Swedish Institute of Space Physics, P.O. Box 812, SE-981 28 Kiruna, Sweden.